What We Believe
WHAT we Believe
1. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons -- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that God is all-knowing, all-powerful, ever-present, and changeless. He is holy, righteous, faithful, merciful and loving. He is our Creator and the Lord of Life.
We believe that the Father is all the fullness of the Godhead invisible. We rejoice that he concerns himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that he hears and answers prayer and that he saves from sin and death all who come to him through faith in Jesus Christ.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin. He was sinless in his life and he paid the penalty for the sins of the world by his death on the cross. We believe in his bodily resurrection from the dead, his ascension, his intercession in Heaven for us and his visible return to the world.
We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. The Spirit regenerates, indwells, and seals the believer, and he empowers, guides, sanctifies and fills believers.
2. We believe that the Bible is God's Word. It was written by divinely inspired men and is the final and reliable authority in all matters of faith, life and conduct.
3. We believe that all men are by nature and choice sinful and alienated from God. Man is reconciled to God, being justified by grace through faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Being reconciled, man has peace with God and enjoys a relationship with him through Jesus Christ and has the hope of eternal glory in Heaven with God.
4. We believe the Church is a living, spiritual community of believers of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated people are members. We believe that the local church is an organized body of believers in Jesus Christ who have been baptized after they confess their faith and who associate for worship, fellowship, teaching and service. The church is to be a witness for God in the world.
5. We believe the Lord's Supper and believer's baptism by immersion are commanded by Christ for observance by his church.
6. We believe that marriage and the family were a part of God's plan in creation. God intended marriage as the union of one man and one woman. The family is to be a place where the truth of God and his word is passed from one generation to another. God's word also clearly affirms those who are single by choice or circumstance. The single person is able to experience the fullness of God and life as a single.