The Wealth of Nations
Topic: Ministry Scripture: Isaiah 61
Jesus came to set captives free, proclaim good news to the poor, comfort those who mourn, and declare the year of the Lord's favor. He will one day come in vengeance on His enemies.
What did Jesus fulfill before the people of Nazareth that day?
1. Brought liberty to the captives
- from their spiritual bondage
2. Preached goog news to the poor
- a promise of righteousness in Christ - eternal life in heaven
3. Comfort those who mourn
- over their sinfullness - God will make them righteous in Christ
4. Proclaimed the year of the Lord's favor
- which has come in Christ, to restore their broken relationship with God
5. to warn of the day of God's vengance
- come to Christ before that day