Topic: Missions Scripture: Acts 14:24-28
Paul and Barnabas return from their first missionary journey.
Acts shows us how to proclaim the Gospel and accomplish the Great Commission.
Paul and Barnabas were:
I Commended to the Word
How: They were set apart by the Holy Spirit - Acts13:1-3
1. Missionaries do not appoint themselves.
2. They are real people with real needs, just like the rest of us.
3. They are sent by local churches.
4. They are funded by people who know them.
5. Faithful churches send their best.
II Connected to the local church
1. To encourage the local chuch.
2. To refresh themselves.
II Confrrred Glort to God
"...they declaired all that God had done with them, and how He had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles - Acts 14:27