Thursday, June 11, 2020
Dear Gateway Church Family,
Now that Nassau County is in Phase 2 of the Covid 19 reopening process we are going to begin to reopen Gateway Church for worship on Sunday Mornings and for Prayer Meetings on Wednesday Evening. Our reopening will be a process that will take time and will involve significant changes in the way we do things for the foreseeable future. Please be advised of the following information.
1. Worship will be held at 10:00 am Sunday Morning. There will be no nursery services or children’s church until further notice. We will not be serving refreshments.
2. We will observe social distancing guidelines and will wear masks in the service. The pastor may remove his mask when he is speaking from the platform. Please help us with this and be sure to sit in every other pew and do not sit directly behind anyone else. Family groups may sit together. Do not shake hands. Stand at a distance as you converse with others. If we have more people attending than we consider safe we will break into two groups. We are anticipating a modest turnout as we begin this process.
3. This first Sunday we will watch the prerecorded video together and have a time of prayer.
4. We will not be passing an offering plate. We greatly appreciate your faithfulness in supporting our ministry during this troubling time. There will be a box in the back of the meeting room for you to put your tithes and offerings.
5. Observe the Covid 19 recommendations. If you are sick, stay home. If you have a fever, stay home. If you have concerns about your health and do not feel comfortable meeting in public at this time you may stay at home.
6. Finally, be gracious to everyone and pray for your church. Do not pass judgment on those who come to publicly worship and do not pass judgment on those who choose to remain at home. Bear with us as we use a transitional service format throughout the summer. Our goal is to increase the opportunity for worship, prayer and encouragement of others in the faith so that we can reach our community for Jesus Christ.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as can join us.
In our Lord Jesus Christ,